What are the emergency action steps?
The Three C’s of Emergency
- Check. Check means checking for anything unsafe. …
- Call. In emergency situations, it’s important to call 911 immediately. …
- Care. After checking the scene and calling for help, provide care until medical professionals arrive on the scene. …
- Preserve Life. …
- Prevent Deterioration. …
- Promote Recovery.
What is the most important step you can take for a victim of any emergency and why?
Activating the EMS system by calling 9-1-1 or the local emergency number is the most important step you can take in an emergency.
What are the 4 P’s in first aid?
THE FOUR P. Control bleeding, lessen shock, give mouth to mouth or heart massage. e.g. active electric wire, protect from the weather.
What are the 10 emergency action principles?
Emergency Action Principles
- Survey the scence. -Is it safe? -What happened? -How many people are injured?
- Primary Survey (ABC) -Airway (head tilt, chin lift) -Breathing (look, listen, feel) -Circulation (pulse)
- Phone EMS. -Location. -Phone Number. -Name. -What happened. …
- Secondary Survey.
What is the first thing you do in case of an emergency?
First Things to Do in Any Emergency
Decide whether it is safer to evacuate or shelter-in-place. Once safely evacuated or sheltered-in-place, call for help using 911 and clearly explain what you know about the situation. Provide first aid for any injured people. Move any people who are injured away from further danger.
What is the first thing you need to do before giving care to a responsive victim?
First Aid Steps
- 1 Before administering care to an ill or injured person, check the scene and the person. Size up the scene and form an initial impression. …
- 2If the Person is awake and Responsive and there is no severe life-threatening bleeding: …
- 3 If the Person Appears Unresponsive: …
- 4 If the person is breathing:
What are the 4 life threatening emergencies in adults?
Respiratory distress or cessation of breathing. Severe chest pains. Shock. Uncontrolled bleeding.
What are the 4 signs of an emergency?
Warning Signs that Indicate a Medical Emergency
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath.
- Chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure.
- Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness.
- Changes in vision.
- Confusion or changes in mental status.
- Any sudden or severe pain.
- Uncontrolled bleeding.
What is the golden rule in giving emergency care?
GOLDEN RULES IN GIVING EMERGENCY CARE
do obtain consent, when possible. do think the worst. do provide comfort and emotional support. do be as calm and as directed as possible.
What are the 4 elements of basic life support?
It comprises the following elements: initial assessment, airway maintenance, expired air ventilation (rescue breathing; mouth-to-mouth ventilation) and chest compression. When all are combined the term cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is used.