What is the first thing you should do in an emergency?
First Things to Do in Any Emergency
Decide whether it is safer to evacuate or shelter-in-place. Once safely evacuated or sheltered-in-place, call for help using 911 and clearly explain what you know about the situation. Provide first aid for any injured people. Move any people who are injured away from further danger.
What are the 3 steps for responding to an emergency?
Emergency situations are often confusing and frightening. To take appropriate actions in any emergency, follow the three basic emergency action steps — Check-Call-Care. Check the scene and the victim. Call the local emergency number to activate the EMS system.
What is the first thing you do in an emergency situation before you care for a patient?
1 Before administering care to an ill or injured person, check the scene and the person. Size up the scene and form an initial impression. Pause and looks at the scene and the person before responding.
What are the 4 steps to take when responding to an emergency?
4 Steps to Take in an Emergency Situation for Caregivers
- 4 Steps to Take in an Emergency Situation.
- Assess the situation. Answer some questions to get a better understanding of the event, and so you can relay that to emergency rescue when they arrive. …
- Call 911. …
- Loosen any tight clothing. …
- Comfort and communicate.
What are the dos and don’ts in responding to an emergency?
Don’t drink, eat, or smoke anything during an emergency from a chemical source or unknown explosion until you are out of harm’s way. Don’t go anywhere except to your designated meeting place after escaping from an emergency scene.
What are the 4 P’s in first aid?
THE FOUR P. Control bleeding, lessen shock, give mouth to mouth or heart massage. e.g. active electric wire, protect from the weather.
What are the 4 life threatening emergencies in adults?
Respiratory distress or cessation of breathing. Severe chest pains. Shock. Uncontrolled bleeding.
What are the 5 Steps to simple emergency care?
The steps are simple, but it takes time to find out what you could be facing and determine resources you need both inside the company and beyond.
- Step One Assess your needs. …
- Step Two Create a written policy. …
- Step Three Plan levels of response. …
- Step Four Train your personnel. …
- Step Five Do the audits.
How do you determine emergency situation?
- Bleeding that will not stop.
- Breathing problems (difficulty breathing, shortness of breath)
- Change in mental status (such as unusual behavior, confusion, difficulty arousing)
- Chest pain.
- Coughing up or vomiting blood.
- Fainting or loss of consciousness.
- Feeling of committing suicide or murder.
How should one respond to an emergency?
Think of what a massive impact you can make on someone else’s life.
- Steps to Deal With Emergency Situations. …
- Remain Calm. …
- Move to a Safe Location. …
- Provide First Aid. …
- Ask for Help. …
- Communicate with the Victims. …
- Convey Accurate Information. …
- Document Your Progress.