What should be done by a first aider in attending to a victim?
To this stage the first aider, on approaching a victim should have:
- GO – Put their gloves on.
- D – Checked for danger.
- R – Checked for responsiveness.
- S – Looked at the scene for clues about what has happened.
- H – Gained history on the incident.
- AVPU – Assessed to see how responsive the victim is.
What are the 3 primary duties of a first aider?
DUTIES OF FIRST AIDERS
- Assess the situation quickly and calmly.
- Protect yourself and them from any danger.
- Prevent infection between you and them.
- Comfort and reassure.
- Assess the casualty and give first aid treatment.
- Arrange for help if needed.
What is the first aid for falls?
Place a cold compress or ice pack on any bumps or bruises. Give acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain if your child is alert. Let your child rest, as needed, for the next few hours. Watch your child closely for the next 24 hours for any unusual symptoms or behavior.
What are the 3 steps for responding to an emergency?
Emergency situations are often confusing and frightening. To take appropriate actions in any emergency, follow the three basic emergency action steps — Check-Call-Care. Check the scene and the victim. Call the local emergency number to activate the EMS system.
What is the first aid for common unintentional injury?
Apply direct pressure until bleeding stops. Apply a bandage over the dressing, and continue to apply pressure. Do not attempt to remove anything that is lodged deeply within the wound, such as metal or glass. Wait for help to arrive.