Decide whether it is safer to evacuate or shelter-in-place. Once safely evacuated or sheltered-in-place, call for help using 911 and clearly explain what you know about the situation. Provide first aid for any injured people. Move any people who are injured away from further danger.
What is the proper thing to do in case of an emergency?
In case of a major emergency
- Follow your emergency plan.
- Get your emergency kit.
- Make sure you are safe before assisting others.
- Listen to the radio or television for information from local officials and follow their instructions.
- Stay put until all is safe or until you are ordered to evacuate.
What is the first step in an emergency situation and what should be done?
To take appropriate actions in any emergency, follow the three basic emergency action steps — Check-Call-Care. Check the scene and the victim.
Practice these steps so that you’ll know exactly what to do in an emergency:
- Assess the situation. …
- Call 911.
- Loosen any tight clothing.
- Comfort and communicate.
What is the first thing you need to do before giving care to a responsive victim?
First Aid Steps
- 1 Before administering care to an ill or injured person, check the scene and the person. Size up the scene and form an initial impression. …
- 2If the Person is awake and Responsive and there is no severe life-threatening bleeding: …
- 3 If the Person Appears Unresponsive: …
- 4 If the person is breathing:
What are the 3 steps for emergency situation?
Emergency situations are often confusing and frightening. To take appropriate actions in any emergency, follow the three basic emergency action steps — Check-Call-Care. Check the scene and the victim. Call the local emergency number to activate the EMS system.
What are examples of emergency situations?
Types of Emergencies
- Chemical spills.
- Dam failure.
- Extreme heat waves.
What are three types of emergencies?
The President can declare three types of emergencies — national, state and financial emergency in a state.
- National emergency under Article 352.
- President Rule, under Article 356.