What is the first step for response to an emergency situation? Remain calm and quiet, gather information, and assess the situation.
What is the first step for response to an emergency situation in a lab?
Fires. The first step in responding to a fire emergency in the lab happens before a fire even occurs – preparation. You should know your room’s evacuation route and procedures, as well as the location of the nearest fire alarm, fire extinguisher, and fire blanket.
What information is needed in order to be prepared for an emergency quizlet?
What information is needed in order to be prepared for an emergency? Location of all exits, Contact information for emergency personnel, Location of lab phone and first aid kit, Understanding of where to go should an emergency occur.
What information is needed in order to be prepared for an emergency?
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert.
- First aid kit.
What are the steps to respond in a fire emergency in a lab?
- Alert people in laboratory and activate alarm.
- Smother fire or use correct fire extinguisher.
- Aim extinguisher at base of fire.
- Always maintain accessible exit.
- Avoid smoke or fumes.
What should you do every time before you leave the lab select one or more?
The last thing you should do before leaving the lab, after an experiment, is to wash your hands. Most chemicals are toxic to some extent, so clean your hands before leaving. Take appropriate action, then notify the instructor. You do not need permission to use safety equipment.
What should you do every time before you leave the lab Labflow?
What should you do every time before you leave the lab? Select one or more: Wash your hands. Remove your gloves.
What is the critical element of an emergency response plan?
The minimum critical elements of an effective emergency response program should include a risk assessment specific to the campus and community; develop a robust emergency plan that addresses how to mitigate, prepare, respond, and recover from hazards and risks; include crisis communication planning and provide training …
What does an emergency response plan establish?
An emergency response plan is designed to help companies address various emergency situations that could occur within their organization. The best plans include who to contact, how to act in an emergency, how to mitigate risk and what resources to use to minimize loss.
What are the steps in an emergency plan for a natural disaster or other emergency in an ambulatory care setting?
To ensure your office is ready should a medical emergency occur, follow these important steps: (1) develop an emergency response plan, (2) devise emergency protocols, (3) train staff, and (4) properly maintain emergency equipment and supplies.
What are your top 10 survival items?
10 Items to Add to Your Wilderness Survival Kit
- Map & Compass. Technology can be a great tool, especially with GPS, however it’s important to not solely depend on your smartphone when you’re lost in the backcountry. …
- First-Aid Kit. …
- Signal Mirror. …
- Fire Starter. …
- Water Purification System. …
- Knife. …
- Cordage. …
- Fishing Line and Hooks.
What are 5 documents you would need to take with you to survive after the emergency?
- Birth, marriage, and death certificates.
- Adoption and custody decrees.
- Citizenship papers.
- Military papers.
- Passports, visas.
- Social security card (or card numbers)
- Employment records.
What are 10 items in a emergency kit?
Here are some of our top picks:
- Three-day supply of water, with one gallon of water per person per day. …
- Three-day supply of nonperishable food. …
- Manual can opener. …
- First-aid kit. …
- Radio. …
- Flashlights and lanterns. …
- Batteries. …
- Whistle to signal for help.