The fundamental principles of emergency management is are based on four phases – mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery. … The better prepared you are for an emergency, the better prepared the University is to respond.
What is the meaning of emergency care?
‘Emergency Care’ means inpatient and outpatient hospital services necessary to prevent the death or serious impairment of the health of the recipient.
What are the aims of emergency care?
- Protection against further injury.
- Preservation of life.
- Promotion of recovery.
- Prevention of injuries for people at any age.
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles.
What are the six basic care guidelines for an emergency?
There are six main priorities for a first aider / first responder in an emergency situation:
- Stop to assess the situation – watch out for danger. …
- Make sure it is safe to approach the scene. …
- Make the area safe. …
- Assess the victim. …
- Call for help.
- Resuscitate and treat injuries as necessary.
What type of care is emergency?
Emergency care involves diagnosing and treating life-threatening illnesses or injuries that need immediate attention. Emergency care may take place in ambulances or other transportation vehicles, hospital emergency rooms or intensive care units.
What are emergency drugs?
|Hydrocortisone||Adrenal insufficiency Recurrent anaphylaxis|
|Morphine or nitrous oxide||Angina pain unresponsive to nitroglycerin|
|Naloxone||Reversal of opioid overdose|
|Lorazepam or Midazolam||Status epilepticus|
What are the 5 P’s of first aid?
preserve life. prevent the escalation of the illness or injury. promote recovery. pain relief.
What are the 5 emergency services?
- Police — law enforcement, criminal investigation, and maintenance of public order. …
- Fire and Rescue Services — firefighting, hazardous materials response, EMS response and technical rescue. …
- EMS — emergency medical services and technical rescue.
What are the 5 Steps to simple emergency care?
The steps are simple, but it takes time to find out what you could be facing and determine resources you need both inside the company and beyond.
- Step One Assess your needs. …
- Step Two Create a written policy. …
- Step Three Plan levels of response. …
- Step Four Train your personnel. …
- Step Five Do the audits.
What is the main priority in an emergency?
As a first responder to any situation, you first priority should be to preserve life. You may need to perform CPR, stop bleeding or take other action to preserve the victim’s life. Start with C-A-B—circulation, airway, and breathing.