Should the screen on your phone display the message “Emergency Calls Only” it basically means no normal call can be initiated other than 911 calls. Below listed are the few reasons causing that particular message to impede your phone calling abilities.
Why is my phone saying emergency calls only?
If your SIM Card is not inserted or is not seated properly, it may cause your phone to only allow calls to 911. Ensure your SIM Card is securely inserted into the slot. It may not hurt to remove it and re-seat it. … You may also want to try a different SIM card in the case that it is defective.
How do I turn off emergency call only on my Android?
From the calling settings, click on the “Additional Settings” or “More” option. In this setting, click on the Fixed Dialing Numbers option and then select the “Disable FDN” option.
How do I get my cell phone out of emergency mode?
Dial the numbers to exit the emergency mode safely. Remove the battery while your Android phone is still on. Wait for between 5 to 10 minutes, put the battery in and then turn the phone back on. Your phone automatically resets, exits emergency mode, and starts functioning normally.
Why is my phone not letting me call?
Check that Airplane Mode is disabled on your device. If it is disabled but your Android phone still can’t make or receive calls, try enabling Airplane Mode and disable it after a couple of seconds. Disable Airplane Mode from Android Quick Settings drawer or navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Airplane Mode.
How do I turn off emergency call on my Samsung?
- Open your Android’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Lock Screen and Security or Lock Screen. If you don’t see this option, try tapping Security first.
- Tap Screen lock or Screen Lock Type.
- Confirm your current security PIN, password, or bio-method.
- Select None. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the change.
How do I know if my SIM card is working?
How to Test a SIM Card
- Slide off the back cover of your phone and remove the battery and SIM card inside. …
- Wipe any dirt or dust particles from the SIM card using a clean cloth. …
- Remove dust and dirt from the slot dedicated for the SIM card. …
- Fit the SIM card into the slot. …
- Return the battery back to your phone.
Why my SIM network is not working?
Method 1: Remove Battery and SIM Card
The network error can be fixed by re-inserting the SIM card properly. Here are the steps you need to do. Step 1: Power off your Android smartphone and remove both battery and SIM card. Step 2: Wait for about 5 minutes and then insert SIM and battery.
How do I turn off emergency call settings?
Head to the Security menu in Settings, then choose the “Screen lock” option. From here, select “None,” then press “Yes” if prompted. The next time you unlock your device, you should be greeted by your shiny new lock screen, and that stupid “Emergency Call” button will finally be gone.
How do you unlock emergency calls on Android?
Step 1: Turn on the locked Android phone and open the Emergency Call Window prevailing at the bottom of the locked screen.
- Step 2: Start typing a string of characters like for an instance, 10 asterisks. …
- Step 3: Now, tap in the field and paste the copied string. …
- Step 4: After this deed, get back to the lock screen.